Summative Project

Over the Christmas Break we were set a summative brief which was to create a report document which would include researching into a fashion concept, develop a variety of big ideas, creating a set of moodboards and produce an image/set of images to be used on a social media page.

we were each given a trend, a business and a product. The trend and product had to come together to create and idea for this particular shop that would sell the product and show how it would be promoted through their social media page. My given trend was the 'Urban Street Style' trend and the product was 'Onion goggles' and the brand was 'Lakeland'.

To start the project off I did my research into the urban street style trend looking at a range of areas as to what has influenced it, where it came from, what kind of people are associated with it. I also looked at how the trend first looked when it started up and how it has been developed to the way it is seen today this was followed by a short survey asking some questions to to back up the info i had researched. (more about urban street in another post)
I then researched into the Lakeland brand giving me some insights insights into what kind of products it sells, what it is known for, who their target market are etc. as this would help me in finding the right way to promote the idea. 
The last bit of main research was finding out exactly what onion goggles were, turns out they are goggles that you wear when you're cutting onions, i looked at the style of them and the range of other uses for them and getting as much information as possible to help me with the big idea. 
From this I created some mind maps to help me come up with a big idea thinking of all the different ways I could create an idea that would work which led me to decide my big idea which was "Lakeland selling trendy products as if it could be your everyday urban street accessory".

Part 3 was all about creating the moodboards, i had to create the ideas but in 3 different ways and choose one to be my final chosen board, this would relate to the product which i felt would work best overall including the colour scheme, the style and the target market.
My final part was to chose a social media platform to promote the idea and how it would look to do this i done a photoshoot and used photoshop to edit the image to turn it into the urban street finish.

The very last thing was to create an indesign document and include all of the information and work created.

Comments