Chokers

Chokers, a trend that I once hated but now love and wear. if you asked me a few months ago if i wanted to wear a choker my answer would be 'absolutely not' i always saw it as a very grunge look and didn't like the fact that something would just be clipped around my neck it made me feel quite uncomfortable thinking about it. Even my friends would wear chokers and they would ask for my opinion and i would out right say 'no, it just looks stupid' putting a negative on their look and them telling me to try wearing one numerous times as my views would change. 

For months on I kept disagreeing with their opinion then one day something changed in my mind I tried on a simple basic black choker and loved the way that it looked on my neck, a new accessory that would deffo be added to my future outfits. When i started wearing them my friends were all saying how they were right and doing that annoying thing that friends do when they are! I also loved the fact that so many people were complementing how well that they suited me which is when I started buying them more regularly and now have a collection of different colours and styles. 

A choker is an accessory that you can wear both on a casual day out or a night out which is why i love it. In the day you could be wearing jeans, a basic top and trainers but by adding a choker to your look it can give it that extra dress up look that doesn't make you feel too over-dressed to be out. On a night out it will literally dress up any outfit, say you had a dress on with heels and a long necklace  by adding a choker to this it gives it that little bit more touch dressing up the top section of the body with a little statement choker. 

Comments