Sum up of term 1 at uni

As everyone packs up their things and gets ready to go home for the Christmas holidays we all sit and reminisce the last 2 and a half months we have spent together and how incredible but tough it has been for us in many different ways.


For me the first term has been great, I've made some incredible friends already that I know I will be friends with for the next 3 years if not for the rest of my life!
I've also learnt to enjoy my course a lot more than I did a month ago, not that I didn't enjoy it I just was starting to doubt whether I had made the right choice but with our last 2 projects I have genuinely enjoyed taking part and putting in the effort to work and produce the final pieces that I have. When I applied for the course I thought it would be a little different to how it really is so when I started it I was put off a little bit and not really sure but decided to stick it out as I obviously wanted to study this for a reason. The course for me is also different to what I usually learn as I have never studied some of the aspects of the course before where as a lot of the girls on my course have so I hated the fact that I felt so behind and unaware compared to most of them. I also felt the same about my sketchbook, it was a whole new thing for me to get used to and to be honest in the first few weeks I did not have a lot of interest in it however I now want to make sure that anything that interests me and all the work I put into my projects goes into it so I can how far I have come since the beginning and see how my work develops into what I make it. It is something that I don't roll my eyes when I think about doing work in it. Overall I'm glad I am studying the course I am, it is so interesting some of the things we find out and learn it can be eye opening! I also love the enthusiasm of the lecturers, it shows that they really want to get all of this amazing knowledge they have across to us.

Comments