The move

Moving somewhere new is always exciting but at the same time is quite sad and strange knowing you are about to be away from the place you've grown up in for the last 18 years surrounded by all the people that you care about most!

This is exactly how I felt in my lead up of moving away to start the next 3 years of my life at Nottingham Trent University to study Fashion Communication and Promotion. The thought of being an independent 18 year old living by myself with a bunch of strangers I've never met in my life terrified me, this is because I've always been in the company of the same people for as long as I can remember relying on them to do things for me. Right up until the day I moved I had never cooked my own proper dinner the closest thing to a real meal was a pizza so the thought of going solo and not having my mum there to do  it made me feel uneasy.

As much as I felt all of the above emotions there was also a huge part of me that felt anxious and couldn't wait to get up here to explore this new city where the night life is incredible and make so many new friends to create memories that I can share with my friends back home. Oh, and also to begin my higher education to help me focus and decide exactly which part of the fashion industry it is that I want to work with in my years to come as there are so many different sectors inside of it being such as huge industry in this day and age.

Comments