Photoshopping for the first time

Before I came to uni Photoshop was just something I heard about where people would edit photos to make something look better, usually used in the media to make models look like the perfect person however after using Photoshop I realised there is so much more to it.

In my very first session I learnt how to create a colour palette, so our first task was to find a colour fashion photography image so we could identify and pick out specific colours and how they are arranged in the photograph.

Having put the image on a blank page I drew a text box underneath it and selected the main colours from the picture and put them in a different box. To create these boxes I had to drag the box along a little every time until I had completed the box, to keep the box in line I used the shift key.

I created 2 other text boxes on different layers, on the second I focuses on the colours at the back of the image and on the third layer focusing on the colours at the front of the photograph. Whilst at the same time arranging the colours in the size that I could see how much of which coloured appeared the most and least.

the picture on the left was my second attempt, the minute I saw this picture i thought it would be great to use due to the broad colours used and how structured the picture is. This was a much better attempt on Photoshop.

Comments